Welcome to the home page for
The New England Board of Cantors!
Our objectives and purposes are:
- To maintain and strengthen the high professional and ethical standards of the Cantorate.
- To uphold the Synagogue as the primary institution of Jewish communal and spiritual life.
- To provide guidance and leadership to the Jewish community especially in aspects of Jewish music, and particularly, Synagogue music.
- To afford the Cantors of the community an opportunity to meet together and to provide for the professional, cultural, educational and collegial interest.
- To join with each other, and with authorities in other fields in interpreting the ideals, purposes, and needs of the Jewish community.